celebrity radar - gossips
What could have caused the plane crash that reportedly killed Wagner Warlord Yevgeny Prigozhin?
What could have caused the plane crash that reportedly killed Wagner warlord Yevgeny Prigozhin?
Wagner warlord Yevgeny Prigozhin, who led a failed uprising against the Kremlin exactly two months ago, was on board a plane that crashed on Wednesday, according to Russian officials – raising questions as to exactly how the disaster occurred.
The crash took place northwest of Moscow and killed all on board, said Russia’s aviation agency, including Prigozhin, chief of the mercenary group that gained prominence for its brutal methods worldwide and its battleground victories in the Ukraine war.
Here’s what we know so far.
What happened?
The plane was a private Embraer jet carrying seven passengers and three crew members, according to Russia’s emergency services ministry.
It had departed from Moscow and was en route to St. Petersburg when it crashed near the village of Kuzhenkino, in Russia’s western Tver region, Russian officials said. Flight data shows the plane reached an altitude of some 28,000 feet before it suddenly stopped transmitting tracking details.
The bodies of eight people have been found at the crash site, according to Russian state media. The official state news agency TASS reported the plane “burned up” on impact. It had been in the air for about half an hour.
Video published by Russian state media outlet RIA Novosti showed a plane plummeting with one wing missing. CNN is unable to confirm the authenticity of the video, but RIA Novosti claimed it was the moment that an Embraer jet fell from the sky over the Tver region.
It’s not yet clear what caused the plane to crash. Russian authorities said they are investigating and conducting search operations.
“It’s coming down quickly in a spin, and it’s trailing a lot of smoke. So, this is an aircraft that was on fire. And it looks like some structural pieces, aerodynamic surfaces, were missing,” veteran science and aerospace reporter Miles O’Brien told CNN after reviewing footage of the plane’s fall.
“An aircraft like this … they just don’t catastrophically drop out of the sky without something very unusual happening,” he added.
It could be caused by an explosion either inside or outside the aircraft, O’Brien added – like an explosive going off on board, or the aircraft being hit by a missile.
David Soucie, a former safety inspector with the US Federal Aviation Administration, echoed this possibility, saying the plane’s fall looked like it had only one wing left.
Was Prigozhin on board?
Prigozhin and several top Wagner lieutenants were named on a list of passengers shared by Russia’s aviation agency.
A Telegram channel linked to Wagner, which had previously carried the group’s propaganda videos, also issued a statement saying Prigozhin had been killed. CNN is unable to confirm the claim.
Other channels associated with Prigozhin and Wagner, including his official Telegram channel, have remained silent.
But there are other clues linking the warlord and the crash.
Another video released by RIA Novosti purports to show the crash site, where the last four digits of a registration number are visible on the plane engine debris: 2795. Prigozhin’s own plane, linked to his companies and the Wagner group, is registered as RA-02795.
Was this payback?
The crash comes exactly two months to the day after Prigozhin’s attempted mutiny against Russia’s military leadership.
Prigozhin and his Wagner troops had seized key military sites and marched toward Moscow, where the Kremlin had deployed heavily armed troops to the streets. But before they could face off, a deal was struck that ended the rebellion and sent Prigozhin and his fighters to neighboring Belarus.
It marked the biggest challenge to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s rule in 23 years. But it also painted a target on Prigozhin’s back, with some experts speculating the warlord was a dead man walking.
Even US President Joe Biden suggested on Wednesday that Putin may have been involved in the crash. “I don’t know for a fact what happened, but I’m not surprised,” he said.
CIA Director Bill Burns and Secretary of State Antony Blinken have made similar comments, pointing out Putin’s long history of payback and the frequency with which Russian critics or dissidents die in mysterious circumstances.
Bill Browder, a Putin critic and formerly the largest foreign investor in Russia before he was expelled from the country, said he was surprised Prigozhin survived for as long as he did after the rebellion. Other Wagner leaders and Prigozhin allies may now be either on the run or in hiding, he said.
What’s the public reaction so far?
Prigozhin and Wagner have their share of supporters among the Russian public – which was evident during the failed insurrection. In cities briefly occupied by Wagner, videos showed residents cheering them on, taking pictures with fighters, and flagging down Prigozhin’s car just to shake his hand.
On Wednesday night, people gathered in St. Petersburg to leave tributes for Prigozhin such as flowers, candles and Wagner chevron patches. Video showemd members of the public unfurling a large banner outside Wagner’s headquarters that read, “Wagner PMC. We are together.”
Photos show a range of people mourning at the site, including young men, couples and teenagers; some are clearly distressed, embracing each other.
The news is likely to meet a far different reaction in Ukraine. Wagner forces were heavily involved in taking several Ukrainian towns early this year, delivering tangible progress for the Russian side – but often at the expense of sending waves of mercenaries into what Prigozhin called “the meat grinder”.
“There will be no tears shed here at all, if indeed he has died,” said CNN’s Chief International Security Correspondent Nick Paton Walsh, currently based in Ukraine. He added that one Ukrainian soldier on the front lines had already texted him Wednesday to celebrate the news.
celebrity radar - gossips
Kingdom Advancement: God Does Not Confirm Lies or Gossip — He Confirms His Word .” — Dr. Chris Okafor
Kingdom Advancement: God Does Not Confirm Lies or Gossip—He Confirms His Word
“When Doing Business with God,
People’s Opinions Do Not Count.”
— Dr. Christian Okafor
The greatest investment any Christian can make is partnering with God. According to the Generational Prophet of God and Senior Pastor of Grace Nation Global, Christopher Okafor, when a believer commits to serving and advancing God’s kingdom, no barrier, lie, gossip, or blackmail can prevail against them.
This message was delivered during the Prophetic Financial Sunday Service held on February 15, 2026, at the international headquarters of Grace Nation Worldwide in Ojodu Berger, Lagos, Nigeria.
Doing Business with God
Teaching on the theme “Kingdom Advancement” with the subtitle “Doing Business with God,” Dr. Okafor emphasized that when a believer enters into covenant partnership with God, divine backing becomes inevitable.
“God is still in the business of covenant,” he declared. “When you make a covenant with Him, He honors the terms. When you win souls into the kingdom and remain committed to His work, He rewards you with what you could never achieve by your own strength.”
The Man of God stressed that God does not confirm lies, gossip, or negative narratives—He confirms His Word. Therefore, anyone genuinely committed to kingdom business should not be distracted by public opinion.
“No matter the blackmail or falsehood circulating around you, if you are focused on God’s assignment, those attacks will only strengthen you,” he stated.
He further noted that a believer’s understanding of God’s covenant determines their experience. “Your mentality about God’s covenant becomes your reality. When you truly know the God you serve, no devil can move you.”
Biblical Examples of Kingdom Partnership
Dr. Okafor cited several biblical figures who prospered through their partnership with God:
Abel
Abel served God with sincerity and offered his very best. His sacrifice pleased God, demonstrating that when a master is honored, he responds with favor.
David
David’s heart was fully devoted to God, and in return, God’s presence and favor rested upon him throughout his life.
Hannah
Hannah made a covenant with God, promising that if He blessed her with a child, she would dedicate him to His service. After fulfilling her vow, God rewarded her abundantly, blessing her with additional children.
Peter
Peter, a professional fisherman, surrendered his boat at Jesus’ request for kingdom work. Through that act of partnership and obedience, he experienced supernatural provision and divine elevation.
Conclusion
In closing, Dr. Okafor emphasized that one’s approach to God’s covenant determines the level of success and prosperity experienced. Commitment to kingdom advancement secures divine confirmation and supernatural results.
The Prophetic Financial Sunday Service was marked by prophetic declarations, deliverance, healings, miracles, restoration, and solutions to diverse cases presented before Elohim.
celebrity radar - gossips
At 55, Omoyele Sowore Remains a Defiant Voice of Conscience
At 55, Omoyele Sowore Remains a Defiant Voice of Conscience
By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG
“SaharaWeeklyNG Management and Staff Salute a Relentless Campaigner for Justice and Democratic Accountability.”
As activist, journalist and politician Omoyele Sowore marks his 55th birthday, the management and staff of SaharaWeeklyNG join millions of Nigerians at home and in the diaspora to celebrate a man widely regarded as one of the most persistent and fearless voices for democratic accountability in modern Nigeria.
Born on February 16, 1971, in Ondo State, Sowore rose from student activism at the University of Lagos to become one of the country’s most recognisable pro-democracy figures. His early involvement in the student movement during the military era of the 1990s placed him at the forefront of protests against dictatorship and repression, a role that would shape the course of his life and career.
He later founded Sahara Reporters in 2006, an online investigative platform that quickly gained prominence for exposing corruption, abuse of power and human rights violations. Operating initially from the United States, the outlet became a symbol of citizen journalism and digital activism, publishing stories often ignored or suppressed by mainstream media. Over the years, the platform has reported on high-level corruption cases, electoral malpractices and security failures, earning both praise and fierce criticism from political authorities.
Sowore’s activism took a dramatic turn in 2019 when he contested Nigeria’s presidential election under the African Action Congress (AAC). Although he did not win, the campaign amplified his calls for systemic reform. Months later, he launched the #RevolutionNow movement, a nationwide protest demanding an end to corruption, economic hardship and insecurity.
In August 2019, he was arrested by Nigeria’s Department of State Services (DSS) on charges of treasonable felony. His detention, which lasted several months despite court orders for his release, sparked international condemnation from human rights groups, civil society organisations and foreign observers. The case turned him into a global symbol of resistance against state repression.
Over the years, Sowore has faced multiple arrests, court trials and travel restrictions. Yet he has remained resolute, insisting that his activism is rooted in the constitutional right to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly. Supporters describe him as a principled crusader against injustice, while critics accuse him of political extremism. Regardless of the perspective, his impact on Nigeria’s political discourse is undeniable.
His life’s work echoes the enduring words of Nelson Mandela, who once said, “Freedom is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” For many of Sowore’s followers, his sacrifices represent precisely that spirit, an unyielding struggle for a more accountable and equitable society.
Similarly, the philosophy of Martin Luther King Jr. (that “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”) resonates deeply with the trajectory of Sowore’s activism. Whether confronting police brutality, electoral irregularities or economic injustice, he has consistently framed his struggle as one for the collective dignity of Nigerians.
Nigerian Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka once observed that “the man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny.” That sentiment captures the essence of Sowore’s public life. For over three decades, he has refused silence, even when it meant imprisonment, harassment and personal sacrifice.
At 55, Sowore’s journey is far from over. He remains active in political advocacy, civil rights campaigns and public commentary, continuing to challenge what he describes as systemic failures in governance and leadership. His career reflects both the promise and the peril of dissent in a fragile democracy; where the line between patriotism and confrontation is often fiercely contested.
On this milestone birthday, SaharaWeeklyNG management and staff recognise Sowore not merely as an individual, but as a symbol of the enduring struggle for transparency, justice, and democratic renewal. His story is one of conviction under pressure, a reminder that the quest for a better society often demands courage, resilience and a willingness to stand alone.
As Nigeria navigates its complex political and economic realities, figures like Sowore continue to shape the national conversation. Whether praised or criticised, his voice remains a constant in the country’s democratic journey; loud, uncompromising and impossible to ignore.
celebrity radar - gossips
Banwo Accuses Alex Otti Administration of Governance by Propaganda
Banwo Accuses Alex Otti Administration of Governance by Propaganda
Public commentator and lawyer Dr. Ope Banwo has criticised the Abia State Government under Governor Alex Otti, accusing the administration of running what he described as a “propaganda-driven government” built on exaggerated claims and selective messaging rather than measurable governance outcomes.
In a detailed commentary, Banwo argued that while Abia State has recorded some progress in specific sectors, the government’s media machinery has inflated limited achievements into what he called “statewide miracles,” creating a disconnect between online narratives and lived realities.
Banwo, who said he initially viewed Governor Otti as a symbol of hope following the 2023 elections, noted that his concerns emerged after engaging residents and professionals living in Abia to verify widely circulated claims about infrastructure, power supply, healthcare, and transportation.
Central to Banwo’s critique is the portrayal of Abia as a state with uninterrupted electricity. He acknowledged the existence of the Aba ring-fenced power arrangement involving Aba Power and Geometric Power but argued that the arrangement has been misrepresented as statewide energy independence.
According to him, extending the Aba power project to represent the entire state amounts to misinformation, especially given acknowledged outages and the limited geographical coverage of the scheme.
He further questioned claims that Abia was the first state to assume intrastate electricity regulation, stating that other states, including Lagos State, had taken similar steps earlier.
Banwo also raised concerns over viral claims suggesting that biogas facilities are already powering Abia communities, arguing that pilot projects have been prematurely presented as fully operational infrastructure.
He noted that residents he spoke with were largely unaware of any functional biogas-powered communities, stressing that government announcements should be backed by publicly available data on scale, output, and sustainability.
On healthcare, the founder of Naija Lives Matters (NLM) questioned reports that Abia offers free medical care to all citizens above 60 years of age for life, describing the claim as unverified and unsupported by legislation, budgetary provisions, or formal policy documents.
Similarly, he criticised claims suggesting that electric vehicles operate widely across the state and that all roads have been tarred, describing such assertions as exaggerated and misleading.
The self-acclaimed Mayor of Fadeyi argued that the core issue is not the absence of development but what he described as a governance style driven by social media optics rather than transparent performance metrics.
He warned that excessive reliance on viral content, influencers, and unverified claims risks eroding public trust and undermining accountability, noting that effective governance requires data, timelines, and measurable outcomes.
“A serious government does not need to exaggerate results,” Banwo said, adding that citizens require reliable services, not slogans.
He also advised the Abia government to avoid constant comparisons with states like Lagos and its governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, urging the administration to focus instead on publishing verifiable performance records.
Banwo challenged the Otti administration to release clear documentation supporting its claims, including power coverage maps, healthcare policy instruments, infrastructure project lists, and implementation timelines.
He concluded that while Abia State has not “collapsed,” the growing gap between online narratives and on-ground realities could become more damaging than infrastructural deficits if left unaddressed.
-
celebrity radar - gossips6 months agoWhy Babangida’s Hilltop Home Became Nigeria’s Political “Mecca”
-
society6 months agoPower is a Loan, Not a Possession: The Sacred Duty of Planting People
-
society5 months agoReligion: Africa’s Oldest Weapon of Enslavement and the Forgotten Truth
-
news6 months agoTHE APPOINTMENT OF WASIU AYINDE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AS AN AMBASSADOR SOUNDS EMBARRASSING







