Unity Bank is currently going through turbulent boardroom crisis as their Managing Director, Henry James Semenitari, resigned his appointment on Friday, July 24, 2015. Also, the board concluded plans to seek for a replacement. We reliably gathered that the issue has caused bad blood on who is fit to take over his position.
The former CEO was forced to resign to pave a way for the board to verify some allegations against him over his expensive lifestyle
Trouble began for Semeniteri who is the husband of Ibim Semeniteri, an ex aide of former Rivers state governor, Rotimi Amaechi when staffs of the Bank petitioned the board of the Bank on their boss financial recklessness, they also took the matter to former Nigeria’s President, Olusegun Obasanjo, who has a large stake in the bank. Obasanjo however directed the Chairman of the bank, Mr. Thomas Etuh to engage forensic auditors to investigate the allegations.
And at the end of the initial forensic audit of the allegations levelled against Semenitari, “some cases of discrepancies” were discovered in the running of the bank, thus prompting the board of the bank to force him to vacate the MD seat to allow for more detailed investigation of the allegations, some of the allegations against Semenitari included spending of about N100 million on bullet proof vehicles, payment of productivity bonus allowances to some workers and indiscriminate sack of workers without recourse to the board of directors.
The development is said to have sent panic among shareholders some of whom are Nigeria’s high and mighty. They are said to have expressed concern about their investment. He may have also lost the exalted position as the board has already appointed Aisha Azumi Abraham as Acting Managing Director/CEO of Unity Bank Plc pending the resolution of the crisis
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .