Senate to invite Interior, Police Affairs Ministers over state of Police colleges
The Senate on Tuesday resolved to invite the Ministers of Police Affairs, Muhammadu Maigari Dingyadi and Interior Minister, Rauf Aregbesola, over the deteriorating conditions of police colleges across the country.
The resolution was reached after the consideration of a motion on the floor during plenary that was sponsored by Senator Barinada Mpigi (PDP, Rivers South East) and nine others.
The Senate also urged the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, to as a matter of urgent national security intervene in the deteriorating condition of the Police College in Tai Local Government Area of Rivers State.
It also urged the Police Service Commission to take adequate measures and inventory of police colleges in the nation to ensure that the standard meets acceptable global limits for efficient policing.
In his motion, Senator Mpigi while highlighting the role of the police in the provision of security, noted that the establishment of police colleges was for the purpose of training effective police officers for the prevention and detection of crimes.
He said, “The Police College, existing in Tai local government area of Rivers State, which serves for the training of police officers across the nation, has been virtually abandoned and at the brink of collapse. Poor staffing management and other facilities make the college unfit for habitation.”
The lawmaker warned that the poor state had made the college to become a dilapidated facility that lowers the morale of trainees.
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Canon, during its first participation in West Africa Digital Construction 2019, invited visitors to experience the latest innovations in printing October 17, 2019
- Congratulations on the Awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Prime Minister Abiy October 17, 2019
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin