Senator Ademola Adeleke has sued the Inspector-General of
Police, Mohammed Adamu, for his detention by the police in Abuja on May 6.
It was gathered that candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 2018 Osun State governorship election through his lawyer, Kanmi Ajibola, is seeking the enforcement of his fundamental rights to personal liberty and right to freedom of movement at the Osun State High Court.
Joined in the suit are the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 11, Leye Oyebade; an Assistant Commissioner of Police, Simon Lough; and an Assistant Superintendent of Police, John Faluyi.
In his ruling, Justice S.O. Falola ordered the police not to arrest or detain the senator pending the determination of the substantive case before him. He made reference to the ruling of Justice I.E. Ekwor of the Federal High Court, Abuja, who granted Adeleke permission to travel to the United States on May 7th for medical attention.
Justice Falola observed that the ruling of the Federal High Court had prevented the respondents from arresting or detaining the applicant. The judge said he had to allow the order made by Ekwor J. of the Federal High Court, Abuja, in charge No, FHC/ABJ/CR/156/2018 on May 3, 2019 to continue to operate.
Justice Falola subsequently issued Form 48 against the police, asking them to take notice of consequence of disobedience of court order. He then adjourned the case to June 17, 2019.
26 years old Leader of notorious gang nabbed in Lagos
Apostle Suleman Inducted As Fellow of Nigerian Books of Record
Ekweremadu: LESSONS FROM NUREMBERG – Femi Fani-Kayode
Senate President condemns attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany
THE PERSECUTION OF WINIFRED OYO-ITA …….by Princess Modupe Adedayo
Cover Of The Week
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup August 18, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: South Africa defeated Kenya 39-0 on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda drew 15-15 with Madagascar on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- More actors and funding urgently needed to curb deadly measles outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) August 16, 2019
- French Development Agency (AFD) and Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations (NACSO) organise a workshop on Innovative Finance for Namibian Conservation Ecosystem August 16, 2019
- Displaced by DR Congo violence, survivors’ testimonies highlight brutality of armed militia August 16, 2019
- State Visit of President of the Republic of Zambia to India (August 20-22, 2019) August 16, 2019
- UN Volunteers play a critical role in the implementation of MINUSMA mandate in Northern Mali August 16, 2019
- WHO collaborates with Nigerian Government to update the country health workforce profile August 16, 2019
- Tackling child malnutrition (by Islamane Abdou) August 16, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others