Senator Ademola Adeleke has sued the Inspector-General of
Police, Mohammed Adamu, for his detention by the police in Abuja on May 6.
It was gathered that candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 2018 Osun State governorship election through his lawyer, Kanmi Ajibola, is seeking the enforcement of his fundamental rights to personal liberty and right to freedom of movement at the Osun State High Court.
Joined in the suit are the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 11, Leye Oyebade; an Assistant Commissioner of Police, Simon Lough; and an Assistant Superintendent of Police, John Faluyi.
In his ruling, Justice S.O. Falola ordered the police not to arrest or detain the senator pending the determination of the substantive case before him. He made reference to the ruling of Justice I.E. Ekwor of the Federal High Court, Abuja, who granted Adeleke permission to travel to the United States on May 7th for medical attention.
Justice Falola observed that the ruling of the Federal High Court had prevented the respondents from arresting or detaining the applicant. The judge said he had to allow the order made by Ekwor J. of the Federal High Court, Abuja, in charge No, FHC/ABJ/CR/156/2018 on May 3, 2019 to continue to operate.
Justice Falola subsequently issued Form 48 against the police, asking them to take notice of consequence of disobedience of court order. He then adjourned the case to June 17, 2019.
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .