Stanbic IBTC and NFF sign N2.3 billion annual partnership deal
Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, a member of Standard Bank Group, has partnered with the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) to further develop football in Nigeria. The signed MoU between Stanbic IBTC and NFF is slated to be effective from 2022.
Under the agreed terms, Stanbic IBTC will provide Group Life Insurance for all 35 players of the national team with a total sum assured of N1.75 Billion Naira and Total Personal Accident insurance for all 35 players with a total of N583,000,000annually for the next 3 years. Stanbic IBTC will also provide gender sensitivity support for female sports correspondents in Nigeria.
Dr Demola Sogunle, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, spoke of the landmark agreement. “Today, you are all witnesses to a landmark event: the consummation of a partnership geared towards driving the growth of football in Nigeria. We are all gathered here to grace this momentous occasion as two great Nigerian institutions come together to advance Nigeria’s most popular sport. With this partnership, we will further drive the development of the youths via football.”
According to Demola, the partnership was based on youth empowerment and football development which he described as values shared by Stanbic IBTC and the Nigerian Football Federation.
The Stanbic IBTC Chief Executive added: “This is a great day for football development in Nigeria, and we believe this partnership will boost the growth of this beautiful round leather game in the country. Over the years, various Nigerian football teams have made their marks in various international competitions. We believe the Nigerian football teams will only get better and will dominate the beautiful game in the future. Yes, IT CAN BE, as we like to say in Stanbic IBTC, knowing that everything is possible, as long as we put our hearts to it.”
Demola further acknowledged Amaju Pinnick, President of the NFF, in the development of football in Nigeria and the African continent. He congratulated the NFF President on his election into FIFA’s Executive Council and asserted that Nigeria would gain a lot from his membership of football’s highest decision-making organ.
On the partnership with Stanbic IBTC, Amaju Pinnick said “This has been a historic and one of the most unique sports contracts we have had in a long while and we are excited that Stanbic IBTC is driving not just a partnership with the NFF but a sponsorship that also encourages the advancement of the female gender.”
Bukola Olopade, Managing Director Nilayo Sports Management Limited, consultant to the partnership said, “This agreement is the most unique we have signed so far because it directly benefits the players and also contributes to the advancement of the girl child.”
Cover Of The Week
- UN delegation held meeting with Foreign Minister and Presidential Advisor January 28, 2022
- President Kenyatta's Meeting With Top Security Chiefs January 28, 2022
- Africities summit places urban-rural linkages at the heart of the debate January 28, 2022
- Qatar Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire Lays Foundation Stone for Health Centre, Mosque Project in Cote d'Ivoire January 28, 2022
- Manufacturing Plant of Anti-covid and Other Vaccines, Project 'of Highest Importance' January 28, 2022
- Ambassador of Saudi Arabia delivers a message to Minister Radegonde January 28, 2022
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Madagascar and Netherlands January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- UNPOL trains police officers and other organized forces in Upper Nile State on crime management January 28, 2022
- Uganda: MPs task Govt to explain shooting of Police officer January 28, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society2 months ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment