Connect with us

celebrity radar - gossips

Suicide Bomber Held In Cameroon Not Missing Chibok Schoolgirl- Parents

Published

on

chibok-NL

Parents from Chibok community in Borno State have denied a girl held by Cameroonian authorities, after an aborted suicide bombing mission, is one of 219 missing female students abducted by Boko Haram in 2014.

The girl had claimed she was one of the missing school girls, the Cameroonian government said.

The Murtala Muhammed Foundation, involved in efforts to identify the girl, said in a statement on Wednesday that three authorised representatives of the community confirmed the girl was not one the school girls kidnapped on April 14, 2014.

Read the group’s statement signed by Aisha Muhammed-Oyebode, its chief executive.

“On Wednesday, March 30, three authorised representatives of the parents of the 219 missing Chibok girls arrived the Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) offices from Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State to view photos of the girl claiming to be one of the 219 missing students kidnapped by Boko Haram.

“Mr. Yakubu Nkeki, chairman, Lawan Zana secretary, Mrs. Yana Galang women leader of the Chibok Girls Movement, all of whose children are amongst the kidnapped 219 Chibok girls were upon their arrival shown photos of the girl who was arrested along with another woman on Friday March 25th carrying explosives in Limani, Cameroon.

“A set of photographs had been sent to the MMF on the evening of Monday 28th of March by Garba Shehu, Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity. A more recent batch of photos, taken at 2pm on Tuesday 29th of March was sent to the MMF by Ambassador Hadiza Mustafa, Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Cameroon.

“The earlier set of photos showed the girl partially clothed and squatting on the sandy floor within a low cement wall enclosure, which was surrounded by soldiers and some civilians. In that same batch, the woman was being carried in the arms of a soldier, with her face swollen and plaster covering different parts of her body. She was also partially clothed.

“In the more recent photos, however, the girl was fully clothed, standing against a wall and looking into the camera. The woman was also standing straight beside what appeared to be a hospital bed, she was fully-clothed. Her face still appeared slightly swollen with dressing on her forehead.

“The Nigerian government by Tuesday afternoon had already informed the MMF that the girl has clearly identified herself as Maryam Alhaji Wakeel, 12 years old, originally from Maiduguri but abducted from Bama when the town was overrun by Boko Haram a year ago. The woman has identified herself as Aishatu Usman, a 35-year-old mother of two children.

“However the identification process was still carried out to lay to rest any claims that the girl is one of the 219 girls kidnapped from their school in Chibok on April 14th 2014. Mr. Nkeki, Mallam Zana and Mrs. Galang have confirmed that the girl and the woman do not fit the description of any of the missing daughters from Chibok.

“We have also made arrangements for other stakeholders to view the photos at the MMF office in Abuja as we are yet to ascertain how the girl came to describe herself as one of the missing Chibok girls.

“The identity of the girl notwithstanding, the MMF has informed the Nigerian government of its willingness to continue to pursue the matter, and is willing to provide the captured girl and woman any support they may require.

“These girls and women are merely victims, and must be treated as such by the society. They have already undergone grave violence at the hands of their Boko Haram captors. We must ensure that they are not made to undergo additional violence at the hands of their compatriots.

“Nigerian government officials have informed the MMF that both Maryam Alhaji Wakeel and Aishatu Usman have been handed over to the Nigerian military this evening and are currently on their way back to Nigeria.”

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

celebrity radar - gossips

Another Feather for Nollywood Icon Fidelis Duker

Published

on

**Another Feather for Nollywood Icon Fidelis Duker

 

*Lagos, Nigeria* — In a remarkable celebration of artistic achievement, renowned Nollywood figure Fidelis Duker received yet another prestigious accolade last weekend, solidifying his role as a key player in the growth of the Nigerian and African film industries. The award was presented in a ceremony held at Duker’s Lagos office by esteemed film and theatre director, Mr. Alex Eyengho, founder of the Warri International Film Festival, alongside Marketing and Strategy Director, Mrs. Matel Eyengho.

The recent recognition builds upon Duker’s previous achievement at last year’s ECOFEST in Dakar, where he was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award. This latest accolade is a testament to his unwavering dedication and substantial contributions to the cinematic landscape.

“I am truly humbled by this recognition,” Duker expressed during the event. In his speech, Alex Eyengho lauded Duker’s pioneering efforts in establishing significant film festivals in Nigeria, particularly the Abuja International Film Festival, which has played a vital role in promoting local talent and storytelling.

Eyengho emphasized, “Fidelis has not only paved the way for emerging filmmakers but has also helped elevate Nigerian cinema on the global stage. His creative vision and commitment inspire all of us in the industry.”

As Duker reflects on this honor, he acknowledges the importance of teamwork and collaboration in achieving success. “This acknowledgment reaffirms to my team and me that our work is being observed, and it motivates us to continue contributing to the development of our sector,” he stated.

With numerous projects on the horizon, Duker remains a relentless advocate for the growth and recognition of African cinema. His latest recognition is yet another testament to the vibrant and evolving landscape of Nollywood, as industry leaders like him continue to inspire future generations.

As the film industry anticipates the next phase of development, Duker’s continued influence signals a promising future for filmmakers in Nigeria and across the continent.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

E‑Money’s Grand Gesture: A Closer Look at the SUV Gift to Chinedu “Aki” Ikedieze

Published

on

E‑Money’s Grand Gesture: A Closer Look at the SUV Gift to Chinedu “Aki” Ikedieze

By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG

 

“Public Generosity, Celebrity Loyalty and the Symbolism of Wealth in Nigeria’s Entertainment Elite.”

 

On Tuesday, February 17, 2026, Nigerian billionaire and entrepreneur Emeka Okonkwo, widely known as E‑Money, once again captured national attention with a lavish and highly publicised act of generosity, gifting a brand‑new 2024/2025 Ford SUV to veteran Nollywood actor Chinedu Ikedieze, affectionately called Aki, during his high‑profile birthday celebration.

 

The event, held in Lagos amidst a constellation of entertainers, business figures and socialites, was itself part of an annual tradition in which E‑Money marks his birthday (on February 18) with large‑scale giveaways and spectacular shows of material philanthropy. This year, he announced the gift of over 30 cars to friends, staff and family, a gesture that quickly went viral as videos and images circulated across social media platforms.

 

In the case of Ikedieze, E‑Money’s gift appeared to be deeply personal. During the festivities, E‑Money stood beside his elder brother, Grammy‑nominated musician KCee and recounted how Ikedieze stood by him at his 2007 wedding. The billionaire explained that the SUV was a “token of appreciation” for the enduring support the actor had shown over the years which is a narrative that blends friendship with public celebration.

 

Ikedieze, a Nollywood staple with a career spanning more than two decades and over 150 film credits, including the iconic Aki na Ukwa franchise, visibly reacted with humble surprise as he received the vehicle, bowing his head in respect and gratitude. The actor later shared the moment on his Instagram account with a caption celebrating the gift, further fuelling online engagement around the event.

 

Beyond the spectacle, this incident underscores evolving dynamics in Nigerian celebrity culture and the intersection of wealth, influence and reciprocity. Sociologist Dr. Chinedum Uche of the University of Lagos, speaking on the broader implications of such high‑profile gifts, notes: “Philanthropy that is highly publicised can reinforce social bonds, but it also reflects a culture where generosity is intertwined with reputation economy; where giving becomes as much a social signal as it is an act of kindness.” The quote highlights how public acts of wealth transfer among elites serve layered social functions that extend beyond pure altruism.

 

Critics of such displays argue that ostentatious giveaways, particularly in a country with stark economic disparities, risk amplifying social envy and exacerbating perceptions of inequality. Economist Dr. Ifunanya Nwosu from the Lagos Business School observes: “In societies marked by economic stratification, celebrity largesse may inspire admiration, but it can also inadvertently highlight structural inequities; prompting questions about systemic investment in public welfare versus individual generosity.”

 

Still, supporters maintain that E‑Money’s annual tradition (which has in past years included cash gifts to his brother KCee, comedians and even domestic staff) reflects genuine gratitude and a commitment to uplifting his immediate circle, albeit within the private sphere.

 

For Ikedieze, the SUV stands both as a heartfelt gesture from a longtime friend and a public affirmation of their enduring relationship. As the video of the moment continues to circulate, the broader narrative has ignited discussions about the role of private wealth in public life, celebrity culture and how acts of giving are interpreted in contemporary Nigerian society.

 

In a landscape where influence and generosity often play out in equal measure on public stages, E‑Money’s gift to Aki is more than a headline, it is a flashpoint in ongoing debates about wealth, friendship and visibility in Nigeria’s entertainment and entrepreneurial ecosystem.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Spiritual Reality: Wicked People Are Possessed by Wicked Spirits — Dr. Christian Okafor

Published

on

Spiritual Reality: Wicked People Are
Possessed by Wicked Spirits — Dr. Christian Okafor

…..“You don’t need to offend them before they attack you.”

…..“Your only true help comes from God.”

 

Demons are strategic and calculating. They detect threats quickly and position themselves to resist any power that may expose or overpower them.

According to the Generational Prophet and Senior Pastor of Grace Nation Global, Christian Okafor, spiritual intelligence operates both in light and in darkness—and believers must understand this reality.

Dr. Okafor delivered this message on Thursday, February 19, 2026, during the midweek Prophetic, Healing, Deliverance and Solutions Service (PHDS) held at the international headquarters of Grace Nation Worldwide in Ojodu Berger, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Operations of Demons

 

Teaching on the subject “Spiritual Reality” with the subtitle “Operations of Demons,” the Man of God explained that when demons possess individuals, their behavior changes. Such people may attack, bully, or resist those sent by God to help them, unknowingly rejecting divine assistance and prolonging their struggles.

“You don’t need to offend a demon before it attacks you,” he said. “What you carry is enough to provoke opposition. The greater your potential, the greater the battle.”

Dr. Okafor noted that many believers misinterpret battles as signs that God has abandoned them. However, he explained that some battles are permitted for growth, training, and divine glorification.

According to him, God may allow certain confrontations so that believers understand spiritual warfare and emerge stronger.

“Some battles are necessary,” he emphasized. “They push you into your turning point.”
He further stated that God does not respond to lies, blackmail, or bullying. He responds to His Word. Therefore, opposition is not proof of God’s absence, but often evidence of destiny at work.

The Weapon Against Demonic Attacks

Addressing solutions, Dr. Okafor described prayer as the strongest weapon against satanic operations.
“Prayer is the license that invites God into your battles,” he declared. “God does not intrude—He responds to invitation.”

According to the Apostle of Altars, understanding the principles and discipline of prayer enables believers to receive divine strategies for overcoming demonic resistance. Without prayer, he warned, spiritual help cannot be activated.
“You cannot receive help without God,” he concluded. “And you cannot engage God without prayer.”

Manifestations at the Service
The midweek gathering was marked by a strong move of the Spirit, with testimonies of deliverance, miracles, restoration, and solutions to various challenges presented before God. Several individuals reportedly committed their lives to Christ during the service.

 

Spiritual Reality: Wicked People Are
Possessed by Wicked Spirits — Dr. Christian Okafor

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending