Things have began looking positive for ailing veteran Yoruba actor, Mr. Dayo Akinpelu, as a popular Nigerian business lawyer, Barrister Ope Banwo, just doled out the sum of N100,000 (one hundred thousand naira) for his treatment. The Ikorodu, Lagos born actor popularly known as Alabi Yellow suffered partial stroke in October 2018 few days after losing his wife.
According to a source in the know of the kind gesture, Banwo, a digital business consultant and entertainment executive, was moved reading and watching video online about the plight of the 62 years old thespian, especially with the fact that the loss of his wife must have triggered his sudden sickness. The source added that Banwo promised to do more once other Nigerians started responding well to the ailing actor’s plea.
“He doesn’t even know Alabi Yellow. He has never met him. He is not even in Nigeria as we speak. He was only touched when he watched the video of his appeal on the internet being a man who naturally cares for people. This was only a token he has sent. He wishes to do more when others start responding well,” the source noted.
Sources said that the actor went public with an appeal for aid when his failing health was going for the worse and little or no help was coming from his industry.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020
- Blue Prism Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Again in 2020 August 5, 2020
- Africa Oil Week’s Online Conference to Host “Somalia Licensing Round: Derisking Above Ground Factors” Session, with Address from Petroleum and Mineral Resources Minister August 5, 2020
- Chevron’s Entry into Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon Could be a Turning Point for Central Africa’s Gas Industry August 5, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries