Things have began looking positive for ailing veteran Yoruba actor, Mr. Dayo Akinpelu, as a popular Nigerian business lawyer, Barrister Ope Banwo, just doled out the sum of N100,000 (one hundred thousand naira) for his treatment. The Ikorodu, Lagos born actor popularly known as Alabi Yellow suffered partial stroke in October 2018 few days after losing his wife.
According to a source in the know of the kind gesture, Banwo, a digital business consultant and entertainment executive, was moved reading and watching video online about the plight of the 62 years old thespian, especially with the fact that the loss of his wife must have triggered his sudden sickness. The source added that Banwo promised to do more once other Nigerians started responding well to the ailing actor’s plea.
“He doesn’t even know Alabi Yellow. He has never met him. He is not even in Nigeria as we speak. He was only touched when he watched the video of his appeal on the internet being a man who naturally cares for people. This was only a token he has sent. He wishes to do more when others start responding well,” the source noted.
Sources said that the actor went public with an appeal for aid when his failing health was going for the worse and little or no help was coming from his industry.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS