Things have began looking positive for ailing veteran Yoruba actor, Mr. Dayo Akinpelu, as a popular Nigerian business lawyer, Barrister Ope Banwo, just doled out the sum of N100,000 (one hundred thousand naira) for his treatment. The Ikorodu, Lagos born actor popularly known as Alabi Yellow suffered partial stroke in October 2018 few days after losing his wife.
According to a source in the know of the kind gesture, Banwo, a digital business consultant and entertainment executive, was moved reading and watching video online about the plight of the 62 years old thespian, especially with the fact that the loss of his wife must have triggered his sudden sickness. The source added that Banwo promised to do more once other Nigerians started responding well to the ailing actor’s plea.
“He doesn’t even know Alabi Yellow. He has never met him. He is not even in Nigeria as we speak. He was only touched when he watched the video of his appeal on the internet being a man who naturally cares for people. This was only a token he has sent. He wishes to do more when others start responding well,” the source noted.
Sources said that the actor went public with an appeal for aid when his failing health was going for the worse and little or no help was coming from his industry.
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today