Things have began looking positive for ailing veteran Yoruba actor, Mr. Dayo Akinpelu, as a popular Nigerian business lawyer, Barrister Ope Banwo, just doled out the sum of N100,000 (one hundred thousand naira) for his treatment. The Ikorodu, Lagos born actor popularly known as Alabi Yellow suffered partial stroke in October 2018 few days after losing his wife.
According to a source in the know of the kind gesture, Banwo, a digital business consultant and entertainment executive, was moved reading and watching video online about the plight of the 62 years old thespian, especially with the fact that the loss of his wife must have triggered his sudden sickness. The source added that Banwo promised to do more once other Nigerians started responding well to the ailing actor’s plea.
“He doesn’t even know Alabi Yellow. He has never met him. He is not even in Nigeria as we speak. He was only touched when he watched the video of his appeal on the internet being a man who naturally cares for people. This was only a token he has sent. He wishes to do more when others start responding well,” the source noted.
Sources said that the actor went public with an appeal for aid when his failing health was going for the worse and little or no help was coming from his industry.
Sanwo-Olu at 54: Celebrating A Man On Mission For A Greater Lagos
Tade Ogidan, Lancelot Imasuen, BFA Students Others Win Big At Lekki Film Festival Awards
OUR POROUS BORDER WORRISOME- DAPO ABIODUN
INSECURITY: SANWO-OLU, SOUTH WEST GOVERNORS RENEW CALL FOR STATE POLICE
Accra Fashion Week’s ‘Year Of Return’ Welcomes Foreign Brands Clavon Leonard, Chivalrouz, Tolumi TFP & More
Cover Of The Week
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed congratulates Mauritania's President-elect June 26, 2019
- 300,000 displaced following fresh violence in DR Congo June 26, 2019
- Floods and Intercommunal Violence in Central Mali: Thousands of Displaced Persons Await Humanitarian Assistance June 26, 2019
- Thousands fleeing new Congo violence, Uganda refugee facilities dangerously stretched June 26, 2019
- Sierra Leone: Amnesty International joins legal challenge against government ban on pregnant girls attending school June 25, 2019
- German Government continues supporting economic development in the Republic of Namibia June 25, 2019
- Rugby – Zimbabwe: Womens Under-20 Rugby Series Kicks Off on Wednesday June 25, 2019
- Tiny fish are a big deal in Africa’s lakes and rivers June 25, 2019
- Govt. of Japan avails US$1.5million towards treatment of malnutrition in Sierra Leone June 25, 2019
- African Development Bank approves USD 24.7 million for Water and Sanitation Development in South Sudan June 25, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank