THE United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Stuart Symington has urged the President Muhammadu Buhari led administration to treat Nigerians as equals irrespective of their ethnic back ground so as to ensure peace and unity of the nation.
The Ambassador stated this in Benin City when he was hosted by Governor Godwin Obaseki at a dinner. He was in Benin City for an exhibition of photographs by Chief S. O. Alonge, a photographer of the Royal Court of Benin, organised by the United States Diplomatic Mission and the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African Art at the National Museum, Benin City, Edo State.
Mr. Symington who also paid a visit to the Internally Displaced Peoples camp in Ohugua, Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo state said with Nigeria’s population projected to climb to 450 million by 2050 amid concerns of rising youth restiveness and other socio-economic implications, the country would stand a better chance to exploit its potential by giving priority to justice administration, girl-child education and delivery of good governance.
According to him, despite the challenges that may come with a huge population, the onus lies on Nigerian leaders to carve a positive narrative for the country by being benevolent in handling issues of development and justice administration, adding that there was need to embrace everyone irrespective of where they come from, as members of a united Nigeria.
Cover Of The Week
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
- New Cooperation Agreement among East, Horn of Africa States address Overseas Worker Exploitation January 24, 2020
- Polio - Free Certification - The Africa Regional Certification Commission starts a verification exercise in South Sudan January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria