President Muhammadu Buhari said Wednesday in Eldoret, Kenya that the global community must resolve to act with more determination and vigour against radicalisation and extremist ideologies which encourage terrorism.
Speaking at a memorial service in honour of Kenyan soldiers who were killed by Al-Shabaab in Somalia recently, President Buhari said that peace-loving nations of the world must now come together and deal with the threat posed to global security by terrorism with greater zeal and cohesion.
“Terrorists should not have a place in our communities, villages, towns, cities and countries. We must all rise against the culture of intolerance, hatred and extremist ideologies, which drive terrorism.
“We must also act with more firmness against radicalization and all those who promote values and principles that threaten our unity and cohesion as a people.
“Nigeria is willing to work with Kenya, other African countries and the global community at large with a view to defeating these undesirable elements.
“We must take the battle to the terrorists whoever they are and wherever they are. This requires commitment, sacrifice, resources, collaboration and above all a realization that no country is immune to the scourge, as terrorists do not respect national boundaries, race, colour, religion or creed,” President Buhari said.
The President applauded the bravery of Nigerian and Kenyan soldiers, and others around the world ” who have remained faithful and committed to the cause of ensuring a secure and peaceful world in spite of daunting challenges”.
President Buhari paid special tribute to the Kenyan soldiers who lost their lives in the terrorist attack on their base in Somalia.
“I wish to use this occasion to pay tribute to all the fallen heroes of the El Adde attack and pray for the repose of their souls.
“In our efforts to collaboratively tackle terrorism, it is our sacred duty as leaders, politicians and compatriots to ensure that the blood of these fallen heroes was not shed in vain,” he said.
President Buhari who is on a three-day state visit to Kenya, attended the memorial service in the company of his host, President Uhuru Kenyatta and President Hassan Mohamoud of Somalia.
PMB DIDN’T REJECT ABIODUN-SANWO-OLU ROAD REPAIR PROPOSAL
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Cover Of The Week
- Award-Winning Actress Julia Ormond, Egyptian Actor Asser Yassin join Global Migration Film Festival 2019 Jury October 18, 2019
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin