The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed that the State Government will continue to engage the services of retired Heads of Service and Permanent Secretaries in ensuring that things are done accordingly in the State’s civil service.
Prince Dapo Abiodun, who disclosed this in his Oke Mosan Office while receiving the report of the Review Committee on the Appointment and Employment into the Civil Service between February 1 and May 29, 2019, noted that the committee is a review committee, set up to review appointments and employments in the state civil service and not to correct any wrong, as government will only know if things were done wrongly after it looks at the report.
“We will continue to engage you and rely on your various experiences and collective wisdom that you have gathered over the years. Not only did you accept this task, but you have also diligently with all sense of purpose and seriousness carried out this assignment.
“Your committee is a review committee. It was not one set up to correct any wrong; it was just a committee to review appointments and employments between February and May, 2019. After we look into the report, we will know if there was any wrong doing or right doing,” he said.
Abiodun appreciated the committee for a job well done, noting that the committee finished their task on time, but were unable to submit the report earlier because of other government assignments.
“I thank you for submitting this report. I know you had wanted to submit it sometime back, but because of different assignments of government, I had not been available to get the report. I wish to place it on record that you carried out your assignment on time,” he said.
He also commended them for being diligent and focused, adding that the committee because of its determination to stay away from being influenced and intimidated by persons who might have ulterior motives, stayed away from the Governor’s Office.
Earlier, the Chairman of the committee, Chief Dipo Odulate thanked the Governor for the opportunity he gave them to serve, noting that they will be available to serve anytime they were called upon.
He further hailed the Governor for adopting a noiseless attitude to governance, adding that the Governor has been articulate and thorough.
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Friends, Political Associates of Akeredolu’s Cabinet Members Appointed As Sen. Ajayi Borofice’s Aides
WIMBIZ recorded more than 2,000 attendees for the two-day conference
THE HUMILIATION OF THE VILLA FIEND
Cover Of The Week
- Ecobank signs up to The United Nations Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Responsible Banking November 13, 2019
- U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and African Development Bank partner to Support Development in Africa November 13, 2019
- WHO prequalifies Ebola vaccine, paving the way for its use in high-risk countries November 13, 2019
- U.S. provides Financing to Tetra4 to develop Energy Infrastructure in South Africa November 13, 2019
- Continental championship Rugby Africa Cup 2020 season starts with new spectator experience November 13, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ethiopia Rolls Out Community-Based Planning for Displacement Affected Communities in Somali Region November 12, 2019
- In the Face of Uncertainty, Residents of Aweil Remain Hopeful of Unity November 12, 2019
- Water Systems Completed in Uganda Refugee Settlements with European Union (EU), United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) Support November 12, 2019
- USA Supports Ghana to Advance and Strengthen Community-level Health Service Delivery November 12, 2019
- Africa Investment Forum: Family businesses - an underestimated economic driving force November 12, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today