The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and companies that choose to set up shop in the State continue to excel.
Prince Dapo Abiodun, who made this known in his office in Oke-Mosan, when he received the management of Agropark Development Company Limited, said that his administration will continue to support individuals and companies that show a level of commitment that will help the State create wealth for its young people, as well as create more agric entrepreneurs.
Abiodun, who also noted that the management of the company couldn’t have come at a better time, added that his administration is deeply committed to reducing the rate of unemployment through agriculture.
“Let me assure you that you couldn’t have met the Government of Ogun State at a better time. This is an administration that is deeply committed to the promotion of the agric sector. This administration will give everybody that shows the level of commitment that you have shown and demonstrates the level of capacity that you demonstrated…we will give that entity as much support as we can. We will throw our weight behind that entity. We will promote that entity. We will support that entity, so you have all the assurances of this Government. Whatever that you need us to do for you that will help you fully achieve your goal, rest assured, we will do that for you,” he said.
The Governor, who disclosed that the success story of the company is a testimony to the fact that Ogun State is the state to be because of its vast land, the people and the weather that can grow almost everything, added that it is the belief of the present administration in the State that the agric sector is truly the sector to prioritise because it has the capacity to create employment opportunities, generate revenue and also contribute towards the food security agenda of the Country.
“I must say that one cannot but be impressed. Your success story so far is a testimony to what we have continued to preach – that Ogun State is the place to be and that we have the land, we have the people and the weather to grow almost everything. It also underscores our firm belief in the fact that the agric sector is the sector to prioritise because it allows us to create employment, it allows us to generate revenue, it allows us to contribute our own to the food security agenda of this administration,” he said.
In his response, the Managing Director, Agropark Development Company Limited, Sola Olunowo said that the company focuses basically on crop production, adding that they plant thyme and are also the largest commercial producer of thyme in the Country.
Olunowo, who also noted that the company has been able to grow over 1,000 hectares in the State and that they have been operating for over two years, added that they run an integrated system and have a poultry that is purely organic, with over 70,000 birds done every month.
“We run an integrated system, our poultry is purely organic and we do 70,000 birds every month. We do spices and herbs. We plant tumeric, we plant thyme, and we are the largest commercial producer of thyme and other spices in Nigeria. We’ve been able to grow over 1,000 hectares and we’ve been here for over two years. We have over eighty graduates that work with us, and we have employed over four hundred people,” he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital