A certain Raymond Ihugba has been murdered by his wife in Akwakuma Autonomous Community in the Owerri North Council Area of Imo State.
Iuhagba, 50-year-old and father of four children was reportedly killed by his wife, Augustina, after a protracted squabble ensued between them.
It was gathered that the remains of the victim had been deposited at the mortuary of the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, while the suspect was on the run.
The mother of the deceased, Mrs. Eunice Ihugba, told newsmen that trouble started between Raymond and Augustina because the latter was always making high financial demand from him despite his lean resources.
She said, “My efforts and those of Augustina’s relations to arrest the ugly situation proved abortive.
“Augustina poured the acid on him, set him ablaze and ran into hiding. Raymond was rushed to the Emergency Ward of the FMC, Owerri, from where he was transferred to the ward 10 of the hospital where he eventually gave up the ghost,” she said.
The traditional ruler of the community, Eze Charles Osuji, who confirmed the incident, described it as an abomination to the community.
He advised residents of the tension-soaked community to remain calm and allow the police to handle the matter.
Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, has denied knowledge of the incident.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS