Connect with us

society

Woman busts prostitution ring, rescues seven girls in Lagos

Published

on

"US-Based Nigerian and Accomplice Sentenced to 40 Years for $9M Dark Web Drug Scheme"

Woman busts prostitution ring, rescues seven girls in Lagos

 

 

 

 

The Chief Security Officer, Amuwo Odofin, Festac Town Lagos State, Ms. Ange Ify Udeogalanya, has busted an international prostitution ring and rescued seven girls from being trafficked to Ghana.

 

 

 

Woman busts prostitution ring, rescues seven girls in Lagos

 

 

 

 

According to information gathered by our reporter, Udeogalanya, who is also the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Angels Assurance Security Outfits Limited, discovered the first girl Onyinyechi on Saturday morning and later used information gleaned from her to rescue other girls from hotels in Festac Town.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the process of rescuing the girls, Udeogalanya and members of her staff also arrested three of the alleged traffickers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The suspects were handed over to Area E Police Command, for transfer to the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).

 

 

 

 

 

 

One of the suspects, identified as Ejike, had forcibly had sexual intercourse with two of the girls several times before his arrest. The two girls are ages 14 and 16.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was also learned that before the rescue of the girls, a first batch of girls and three boys had been moved from the hotels to Ghana via road.

 

 

 

 

 

The traffickers got the girls from Akwa-Ibom and Abia states. They promised them jobs as cleaners in Lagos State, but when they got to Lagos, they told them to prepare to be taken to Ghana for prostitution.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were told that the Ghanaian Cedi was higher in value than the Nigerian Naira, thus they would become rich within days of putting themselves to work.

 

 

 

The girls were housed in two different hotels and were locked in rooms. It was in those rooms that Ejike went to have sex with the two girls, while he groped the breasts of others.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The 14 years old girl said: “On the first of my arrival, he had sex with me twice in the room, where he had locked me. After that, every time he was going out, he would lock me in. I stayed there for three days and in those three days, he was always having sex with me.”

One of the rescued girls, Harmony, has been trafficked once to Anambra State by two men, where she was forced by her madam to have sex with 35 men per day at N1000 per client.

She was told by her traffickers, who moved her from Akwa-Ibom to Anambra State that she would be going there to work as a waitress in a bar. She was also promised N20, 000 as her salary.

Harmony, the first child in a family of five children, with a crippled father and mother, selling bean cake by the road, felt it was a good deal.

When she got to the supposed beer parlour, she was shocked at what she saw.

She said: “I saw nine years old girls, 10 years old girls and 15 years old girls being forced by their madams to hustle. I asked a woman there what the girls were doing just to be sure, she said prostitution. My madam said I should work for her, I said no. She starved of food until I had to start doing the work. The suffering there was too much. I was punished several times by kneeling on periwinkle shells and broken bottles. Clients pay N1000 and they are usually in a queue. In a day, I make between N30, 000 and N40,000, that means between 30 and 40 men in a day. My madam collects all the money. There was a time when a client gave me N5000, but he did not touch me, he only asked me to leave that hotel. My madam saw the money and collected it from me.”

The leader of the kingpin has been identified as Ebuka and on the day of the bust, was alleged to have literally vanished into thin air, claimed the girls.

Following the bust, Ebuka had been calling Udeogalanya with a Ghana telephone line. He initially asked her to name her price, so that she could release the girls back to him and back out, but later offered her N2m, which she turned down.

Udeogalanya, who said that her heart bleeds for the girls, immediately moved them to NAPTIP, this was even as she expressed concern for her own safety.

Although the bust was made on Saturday and the suspects had been with the police, but rather than transfer the case to NAPTIP, the agency in charge of such matters, the police at Area E Command was nursing the idea of charging the matter to court.

On Wednesday, our reporter contacted the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Benjamin Hundeyin, asking to know when the matter would be transferred to NAPTIP, facts of the case and the names of the three suspects.

Hundeyin only responded that the matter would be transferred that same day (Wednesday).

society

Tinubu Mourns Rear Admiral Musa Katagum: A National Loss for Nigeria’s Military Leadership

Published

on

Tinubu Mourns Rear Admiral Musa Katagum: A National Loss for Nigeria’s Military Leadership

By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG 

 

“President Tinubu Pays Tribute as Nigeria’s Naval Command Mourns the Sudden Loss of a Strategic Maritime Leader at a Critical Security Juncture.”

 

Abuja, Nigeria – President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has officially mourned the death of Rear Admiral Musa Bello Katagum, the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, who died on February 19, 2026, after a protracted illness while receiving treatment abroad. His passing has sent ripples through Nigeria’s defence establishment and national security architecture, marking the loss of one of the most experienced and respected maritime commanders in recent memory.

 

In a statement released on February 20, 2026 by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, President Tinubu described Rear Admiral Katagum’s death as a “significant blow to the military and the nation,” noting the late officer’s vast experience and “invaluable contributions” to both the Nigerian Navy and the broader “Armed Forces of Nigeria”. The President extended heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family, naval personnel and the nation at large, while praying for solace and strength for colleagues and loved ones.

 

Rear Admiral Katagum’s career was marked by distinguished service in several strategic capacities. Before his appointment as Chief of Naval Operations in November 2025, he served as Director of the Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre (PC4) and Chief of Intelligence of the Nigerian Navy-roles that placed him at the nexus of naval operational planning and intelligence gathering. His leadership was widely credited with enhancing the Navy’s capacity to respond to growing maritime threats in the Gulf of Guinea, including piracy, illegal bunkering, and transnational crime.

 

Security policy experts emphasise that Katagum’s loss comes at a critical juncture for Nigeria. Dr. Adebola Akinpelu, a defence analyst at the Institute for Security Studies, observes that “Nigeria’s maritime domain remains a frontline in the broader security challenges facing the nation; the loss of an adept operational leader like Rear Admiral Katagum is not just a personnel change but a strategic setback.” His insight reflects broader concerns about continuity in military leadership amid intensifying threats.

 

The Nigerian Navy’s own statement, confirmed by the Directorate of Naval Information, affirmed that Katagum’s “exemplary leadership, strategic insight, and unwavering loyalty” were central to boosting operational readiness and national defence. According to Captain Abiodun Folorunsho, the Director of Naval Information, “His legacy remains a source of inspiration across the services.”

 

As Nigeria grapples with complex security landscapes at its land and maritime frontiers, the death of Rear Admiral Katagum underscores a broader national imperative: strengthening institutional capacities while honouring the service and sacrifice of those who defend the nation’s sovereignty. In the words of military scholar Professor James Okoye, “Leadership in security institutions is not easily replaceable; it is built through experience, trust and strategic clarity; qualities that Katagum embodied.”

 

Rear Admiral Musa Katagum has since been laid to rest in accordance with Islamic rites, leaving behind a legacy that will inform Nigerian naval operations for years to come.

Continue Reading

society

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False

Published

on

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False By George Omagbemi Sylvester

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False

By George Omagbemi Sylvester, SaharaWeeklyNG

 

“Viral screenshot sparks national controversy as the Ministry of Repentance and Holiness dismisses fabricated “divine” WhatsApp exchange, raising urgent questions about faith, digital misinformation, and religious accountability in Kenya.”

A sensational social media claim that Kenyan evangelist Prophet Dr. David Owuor displayed a WhatsApp conversation between himself and God has been definitively debunked as misinformation, sparking national debate over digital misinformation, religious authority and faith-based claims in Kenya.

On February 18–19, 2026, an image purporting to show a WhatsApp exchange between a deity and Prophet Owuor circulated widely on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp groups and TikTok. The screenshot, allegedly shared during one of his sermons, was interpreted by many as illustrating unprecedented direct communication with the divine delivered through a mainstream messaging platform; a claim that, if true, would have broken new ground in how religious revelation is understood in contemporary society.

However, this narrative quickly unraveled. Owuor’s Ministry of Repentance and Holiness issued an unequivocal public statement calling the image “fabricated, baseless and malicious,” emphasizing that he has never communicated with God through WhatsApp and has not displayed any such digital conversation to congregants. The ministry urged the public and believers to disregard and stop sharing the image.

Independent analysis of the screenshot further undermined its credibility: timestamps in the image were internally inconsistent and the so-called exchange contained chronological impossibilities; clear indicators of digital fabrication rather than an authentic conversation.

This hoax coincides with rising scrutiny of Owuor’s ministry. Earlier in February 2026, national broadcaster TV47 aired an investigative report titled “Divine or Deceptive”, which examined alleged “miracle healing” claims associated with Owuor’s crusades, including assertions of curing HIV and other chronic illnesses. Portions of that investigation suggested some medical documentation linked to followers’ health outcomes were fraudulent or misleading, intensifying debate over the intersection of faith and public health.

Credible faith leaders have weighed in on the broader context. Elias Otieno, chairperson of the National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK), recently urged that “no religious leader should replace God or undermine medicine,” affirming a widely accepted Christian understanding that divine healing does not supplant established medical practice. He warned against unverified miracle claims that may endanger lives if believers forego medical treatment.

Renowned communications scholar Professor Pippa Norris has noted that in digital societies, “religious authority is increasingly contested in the public sphere,” and misinformation (intentional or accidental) can quickly erode trust in both religious and secular institutions. Such dynamics underscore the importance of rigorous fact-checking and responsible communication, especially when claims intersect profoundly with personal belief and public well-being.

In sum, the viral WhatsApp chat narrative was not a revelation from the divine but a striking example of how misinformation can exploit reverence for religious figures. Owuor’s swift repudiation of the false claim and broader commentary from established church bodies, underline the ongoing challenge of balancing deeply personal faith experiences with the evidence-based scrutiny necessary in a digitally connected world.

 

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False
By George Omagbemi Sylvester

Continue Reading

society

HOPE BEYOND THE WALLS 2026: ASSOCIATION OF MODELS SUCCESSFULLY SECURES RELEASE OF AN INMATE, CALLS FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT

Published

on

HOPE BEYOND THE WALLS 2026: ASSOCIATION OF MODELS SUCCESSFULLY SECURES RELEASE OF AN INMATE, CALLS FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT

 

The Association of Models (AOMNGO) proudly announces the successful completion of the first edition of Hope Beyond the Walls 2026, a humanitarian initiative dedicated to restoring hope and freedom to deserving inmates.
Despite enormous challenges, financial pressure, emotional strain, and operational stress, the organization remained committed to its mission. Through perseverance, faith, and collective support, one inmate has successfully regained freedom a powerful reminder that hope is stronger than circumstance.
This milestone did not come easily.
Behind the scenes were weeks of coordination, advocacy, fundraising, documentation, and intense engagement. There were moments of uncertainty, but the determination to give someone a second chance kept the vision alive.
Today, the Association of Models gives heartfelt appreciation to all partners and sponsors, both locally and internationally, who stood with us mentally, financially, morally, and physically.

Special Recognition and Appreciation To:

Correctional Service Zonal Headquarters Zone A Ikoyi

Esan Dele

Ololade Bakare

Ify
Kweme
Taiwo & Kehinde Solagbade
Segun
Mr David Olayiwola
Mr David Alabi
PPF Zion International
OlasGlam International
Razor
Mr Obinna
Mr Dele Bakare (VOB International)
Tawio Bakare
Kehinde Bakare
Hannah Bakare
Mrs Doyin Adeyemi
Shade Daniel
Mr Seyi United States
Toxan Global Enterprises Prison
Adeleke Otejo
Favour
Yetty Mama
Loko Tobi Jeannette
MOSES OLUWATOSIN OKIKIADE
Moses Okikiade
(Provenience Enterprise)

We also acknowledge the numerous businesses and private supporters whose names may not be individually mentioned but whose contributions were instrumental in achieving this success.

Your generosity made freedom possible.

A CALL TO ACTION
Hope Beyond the Walls is not a one-time event. It is a movement.
There are still many deserving inmates waiting for a second chance individuals who simply need financial assistance, legal support, and advocacy to reunite with their families and rebuild their lives.

The Association of Models is therefore calling on:
Corporate organizations
Local and international sponsors
Philanthropists
Faith-based organizations
Community leaders
Individuals with a heart for impact
to partner with us.

Our vision is clear:
To secure the release of inmates regularly monthly, quarterly, or during special intervention periods through structured support and transparent collaboration.

HOW TO SUPPORT
Interested partners and supporters can reach out via
Social Media: Official Handles Hope In Motion
Donations and sponsorship inquiries are welcome.

Together, we can turn difficult stories into testimonies of restoration.

ABOUT AOMNGO
The Association of Models (AOMNGO) is a humanitarian driven organization committed to advocacy, empowerment, and social impact. Through projects like Hope Beyond the Walls, the organization works tirelessly to restore dignity and create opportunities for individuals seeking a second chance.

“When we come together, walls fall and hope rises.”
For media interviews, partnerships, and sponsorship discussions, please contact the Association of Models directly.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending