One of the major sponsors of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF), Zenith Bank, has commended the Super Eagles for their exploits so far in the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON)taking place in Egypt.
Super Eagles won two games 1-0 respectively against Burundi and Guinea in the preliminary stage to book a passage to the last 16 where they defeated Cameroon 3-2 in a keenly contested encounter.
In the quarterfinal, the Bafana Bafana after edging out host Egypt, were unable to withstand the firepower of the Nigerian team as Eagles pip them 2-1 to book a ticket to the last four.
The Eagles will now take on Algeria in the semifinal billed for Cairo on Sunday.
Zenith Bank has however expressed delight over the progress of the three-time African champions who are getting better with every match.
The Group Managing Director of the bank, Ebenezer Onyeagwu, commended the fighting spirit of the Eagles adding that they have displayed the quality of champions.
Onyeagwu noted that to have sent the defending champions out of the competition was good indication of the team’s readiness to win the AFCON.
He said: “The Super Eagles have been amazing so far and we appreciate their efforts at the AFCON tournament in Egypt.After sending out Cameroon, it shows that the team was ready to take over the trophy. We believe they can go all the way and bring the trophy home. As an organization, we are going to continue to support the NFF and also ensure we boost the senior national team to get good results at all times for Nigeria.”
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS