One of the major sponsors of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF), Zenith Bank, has commended the Super Eagles for their exploits so far in the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON)taking place in Egypt.
Super Eagles won two games 1-0 respectively against Burundi and Guinea in the preliminary stage to book a passage to the last 16 where they defeated Cameroon 3-2 in a keenly contested encounter.
In the quarterfinal, the Bafana Bafana after edging out host Egypt, were unable to withstand the firepower of the Nigerian team as Eagles pip them 2-1 to book a ticket to the last four.
The Eagles will now take on Algeria in the semifinal billed for Cairo on Sunday.
Zenith Bank has however expressed delight over the progress of the three-time African champions who are getting better with every match.
The Group Managing Director of the bank, Ebenezer Onyeagwu, commended the fighting spirit of the Eagles adding that they have displayed the quality of champions.
Onyeagwu noted that to have sent the defending champions out of the competition was good indication of the team’s readiness to win the AFCON.
He said: “The Super Eagles have been amazing so far and we appreciate their efforts at the AFCON tournament in Egypt.After sending out Cameroon, it shows that the team was ready to take over the trophy. We believe they can go all the way and bring the trophy home. As an organization, we are going to continue to support the NFF and also ensure we boost the senior national team to get good results at all times for Nigeria.”
Cover Of The Week
- Crisis in childhood HIV treatment in western and central Africa February 17, 2020
- Basketball Africa League (BAL): Transcripts of All Star 2020 Game Players (Sunday February 16, 2020) February 17, 2020
- Challenger Series Review February 17, 2020
- Mission of the Czech Defense and Security Industry to Djibouti and Ethiopia February 17, 2020
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed receives Ethiopian PM February 17, 2020
- Empowering Health Workers on Child Growth Assessment February 17, 2020
- In a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister, Edgars Rinkēvičs discusses Latvian-Egyptian cooperation and developments in Libya February 17, 2020
- Africa Energy Forum 2020 to address Sustainable Development Goal on Energy (SDG7) and Impact of Energy Investment February 17, 2020
- UNMISS urges parties to form transitional government February 17, 2020
- SA Rugby to host U18 Elite Player Development camp February 17, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship