One of the major sponsors of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF), Zenith Bank, has commended the Super Eagles for their exploits so far in the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON)taking place in Egypt.
Super Eagles won two games 1-0 respectively against Burundi and Guinea in the preliminary stage to book a passage to the last 16 where they defeated Cameroon 3-2 in a keenly contested encounter.
In the quarterfinal, the Bafana Bafana after edging out host Egypt, were unable to withstand the firepower of the Nigerian team as Eagles pip them 2-1 to book a ticket to the last four.
The Eagles will now take on Algeria in the semifinal billed for Cairo on Sunday.
Zenith Bank has however expressed delight over the progress of the three-time African champions who are getting better with every match.
The Group Managing Director of the bank, Ebenezer Onyeagwu, commended the fighting spirit of the Eagles adding that they have displayed the quality of champions.
Onyeagwu noted that to have sent the defending champions out of the competition was good indication of the team’s readiness to win the AFCON.
He said: “The Super Eagles have been amazing so far and we appreciate their efforts at the AFCON tournament in Egypt.After sending out Cameroon, it shows that the team was ready to take over the trophy. We believe they can go all the way and bring the trophy home. As an organization, we are going to continue to support the NFF and also ensure we boost the senior national team to get good results at all times for Nigeria.”
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others