Ikoyi Club based category-1 amateur golfer, Ajayi Tajudeen has emerge winner of the 59th edition of the FirstBank sponsored Lagos Open Golf Championship. Ajayi closed with 1-under par 70 for a total of 7-over the course par to win the Championship by two-shots after 56-holes.
Happy at the recently held golf tourney, Ajayi adduced his success to hard work, saying “I practiced a lot”.
“There is no short cut to success which is why I take the sport very seriously. I was well prepared for this tournament because I practiced a lot”, he said in a chat with newsmen shortly after being declared the Champion.
With his victory, Ajayi replaces Peter Eben-Spiff on the FirstBank Open winners list.
Playing 4-shots adrift going to the final round, Ajayi recorded bogey free 18-holes to steal the show ahead of overnight leader, Gabriel Ejembi who carded a closing 76 for 9-over the course par, over 56-holes to beat clubmate Ejembi to the second position.
Coming in the third position was Tochukwu Emuwa at 14-over. Emuwa opened his game with 76, a second-round score of 75 and a closing 74 to duck in the third position.
Olusegun Emmanuel came fourth while Junior Champion; Osiregbeme Egbakhumeh completed the top five in the R&A and USGA sanctioned championship.
Satisfied with the outcome of the competition, Olusegun Alebiosu, the Chief Risk Officer of FirstBank, who represented the Bank’s Chief Executive Officer, reiterated the banks continuous support for the championship.
The competition was organised in full compliance with the Federal Government Covid-19 protocols.
Cover Of The Week
- Frightened Residents brace as Cyclone Eloise approaches Mozambique January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus: COVAX announces new agreement, plans for first deliveries January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Seychelles: India gifts Seychelles with COVISHIELD vaccines January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 Update 22 January 2021 January 22, 2021
- Sierra Leone’s President Julius Maada Bio inspects Agricultural Machinery at the Agriculture Central Stores in Freetown January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (22 January 2021) January 22, 2021
- Africa’s first ever Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) World Tour team, Team Qhubeka ASSOS, unveils iconic 2021 race jersey January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 22 January 2021, 9 am EAT January 22, 2021
- Online Trading: What to look for in a Broker January 22, 2021
- Participation, education, digital access and climate change are key concerns for children and young people in Africa and Europe, U-Report poll finds January 22, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi