By Adejuyigbe olorunfemi
The President of the Federal republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate to consider John Terhemba Tsoho as the Chief Judge of Nigeria’s Federal High Court. Saharaweeklyng.com reports
The president in a letter to the sent to the senate on Tuesday nominated Tosho as the new chief justice of Nigeria and this letter was read out by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, on Tuesday.
John Tsoho was sworn in on July 26 2019,as the acting chief justice of Nigeria.
His was appointed after the retirement of Justice Adamu AbdulKafarati, who attained the retirement age of 65 years on July 25.
The letter from Mr president States that: “Pursuant to Section 250(1) of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), I hereby write to request for confirmation by the senate, the appointment of honourable Justice J.T. Tsoho as the chief Judge of the federal high Court of Nigeria,” he wrote.
The president nominated Benedict Bakwaph Kanyip as the president of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.
He also nominated three people as regards the post of Resident Electoral Commissioners of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The nominees are Umar Mukhtar Gajiram (Commissioner Borno), Aiaiibo Sinikiem Johnson (Commissioner Bayelsa) and Raheem Muideen Olalekan (Commissioner Osun).
“While I trust that the Distinguished Senate will consider this request in the usual expeditious manner. Please accept, Distinguished Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration,” part of the letter read.
Cover Of The Week
- United Kingdom (UK) – Egypt announce joint economic partnership January 20, 2020
- Support for businesses in the UK and Africa to develop trade and investment links January 20, 2020
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Meets Foreign Minister of The Gambia January 20, 2020
- Handover Ceremony of the Arabic Text Books donated by the Government of Egypt to the Government of Maldives January 20, 2020
- International Mother Language Day January 20, 2020
- New Honorary Consul of Finland in Cape Town January 20, 2020
- UAE strongly condemns car bomb attack in Somalia January 20, 2020
- Cash transfer schemes reduce the chances of adolescent girls and young women contracting Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) January 20, 2020
- L. Linkevičius discusses situation in Sahel, ways to step up climate diplomacy in Brussels January 20, 2020
- African tech firms invited to join UK-led growth project January 20, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria