By Adejuyigbe olorunfemi
The President of the Federal republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate to consider John Terhemba Tsoho as the Chief Judge of Nigeria’s Federal High Court. Saharaweeklyng.com reports
The president in a letter to the sent to the senate on Tuesday nominated Tosho as the new chief justice of Nigeria and this letter was read out by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, on Tuesday.
John Tsoho was sworn in on July 26 2019,as the acting chief justice of Nigeria.
His was appointed after the retirement of Justice Adamu AbdulKafarati, who attained the retirement age of 65 years on July 25.
The letter from Mr president States that: “Pursuant to Section 250(1) of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), I hereby write to request for confirmation by the senate, the appointment of honourable Justice J.T. Tsoho as the chief Judge of the federal high Court of Nigeria,” he wrote.
The president nominated Benedict Bakwaph Kanyip as the president of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.
He also nominated three people as regards the post of Resident Electoral Commissioners of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The nominees are Umar Mukhtar Gajiram (Commissioner Borno), Aiaiibo Sinikiem Johnson (Commissioner Bayelsa) and Raheem Muideen Olalekan (Commissioner Osun).
“While I trust that the Distinguished Senate will consider this request in the usual expeditious manner. Please accept, Distinguished Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration,” part of the letter read.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020
- Blue Prism Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Again in 2020 August 5, 2020
- Africa Oil Week’s Online Conference to Host “Somalia Licensing Round: Derisking Above Ground Factors” Session, with Address from Petroleum and Mineral Resources Minister August 5, 2020
- Chevron’s Entry into Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon Could be a Turning Point for Central Africa’s Gas Industry August 5, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries