Nigeria’s premier and leading financial services provider, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, has announced that its 2019 FirstBank Agric Expo would hold on Friday, 30 August 2019 at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos. The 2019 edition – the third in the series – is themed “Agricultural Value Chain – Spotlighting Opportunities and Managing Risks” would have Professor Benedict Oramah, President of AFREXIM Bank as the Keynote Speaker.
The annual FirstBank Agric Expo, launched in 2017 provides the lead in national discourse on sustainable agriculture value-chain as a substantial source of Nigeria’s economic development, improved contribution to her balance of trade as well as foreign exchange. The 2019 edition would host over 600 delegates and over 60 exhibitors to display the latest technology in farm equipment, tools and machineries as well as packaged finished agricultural produce, logistics and supply, thereby keeping the participants and sundry agribusiness practitioners abreast with new opportunities in the Agricultural industry.
Besides the plenary session, the expo will feature three (3) Masterclasses with in-depth analysis on specific areas of Agribusiness, facilitated by enterprising Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The Masterclass facilitators include Mr. Leonard Anyanwu, Group Executive Director, Saro International Limited;Mr Segun Ogunwale, Team Lead, Kominity Digital and Mr Bamidele Ayemibo Managing Director, 3T Impex Trade Centre, who will provide insight as well as share success stories and experiences.
Expressing his delight on FirstBank’s leading role at not just promoting Agriculture but diversifying the Nigerian economy, the CEO, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan said ”in the last 125 years, more than any other financial institution, we have played a key role in financing different sectors of not just the Nigerian economy but other economies in sub-Saharan Africa. As Nigeria expands opportunities in its non-oil sector – especially Agriculture – we remain committed to the growth of the agricultural sector and its contribution to the nation’s Gross Domestic Product.”
“Our consistency in convening the FirstBank Agric Expo, which is in its third consecutive edition, is a demonstration of our commitment to building the agribusiness economy which is capable of delivering sustained prosperity by meeting domestic food security goals, generating exports, supporting sustainable income and creating employment opportunities”, he concluded.
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS