Nigeria’s premier and leading financial services provider, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, has announced that its 2019 FirstBank Agric Expo would hold on Friday, 30 August 2019 at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos. The 2019 edition – the third in the series – is themed “Agricultural Value Chain – Spotlighting Opportunities and Managing Risks” would have Professor Benedict Oramah, President of AFREXIM Bank as the Keynote Speaker.
The annual FirstBank Agric Expo, launched in 2017 provides the lead in national discourse on sustainable agriculture value-chain as a substantial source of Nigeria’s economic development, improved contribution to her balance of trade as well as foreign exchange. The 2019 edition would host over 600 delegates and over 60 exhibitors to display the latest technology in farm equipment, tools and machineries as well as packaged finished agricultural produce, logistics and supply, thereby keeping the participants and sundry agribusiness practitioners abreast with new opportunities in the Agricultural industry.
Besides the plenary session, the expo will feature three (3) Masterclasses with in-depth analysis on specific areas of Agribusiness, facilitated by enterprising Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The Masterclass facilitators include Mr. Leonard Anyanwu, Group Executive Director, Saro International Limited;Mr Segun Ogunwale, Team Lead, Kominity Digital and Mr Bamidele Ayemibo Managing Director, 3T Impex Trade Centre, who will provide insight as well as share success stories and experiences.
Expressing his delight on FirstBank’s leading role at not just promoting Agriculture but diversifying the Nigerian economy, the CEO, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan said ”in the last 125 years, more than any other financial institution, we have played a key role in financing different sectors of not just the Nigerian economy but other economies in sub-Saharan Africa. As Nigeria expands opportunities in its non-oil sector – especially Agriculture – we remain committed to the growth of the agricultural sector and its contribution to the nation’s Gross Domestic Product.”
“Our consistency in convening the FirstBank Agric Expo, which is in its third consecutive edition, is a demonstration of our commitment to building the agribusiness economy which is capable of delivering sustained prosperity by meeting domestic food security goals, generating exports, supporting sustainable income and creating employment opportunities”, he concluded.
Billionaire Ned Nwoko Picks Award
COURT OF APPEAL VALIDATES DAPO ABIODUN’S VICTORY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Nigeria Prolific Actor, Film-Maker, TV Host Uzee Usman Marks Birthday Today (Photos)
In Niger: Government of Canada Demonstrates It’s Commitment To The Fight Against Polio And Strengthening Routine Immunizations
THE CHILDREN OF USMAN DAN FODIO AND THE MANIFESTATION OF THE FULANI EMPIRE
Cover Of The Week
- International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program (ICITAP) Final Judiciary Forensic Seminar November 12, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on South Sudan November 12, 2019
- Africa Men’s 7s Cup 2019: Mauritius’ young rugby team delivers impressive performance November 12, 2019
- African Energy Chamber and Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Discuss Technical Cooperation at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 12, 2019
- Craft, Create, Curate; Personalise and print from hundreds of designs with the Canon Creative Park app November 11, 2019
- 2019 African Investment Forum builds on 2018 successes, attracts growing international interest November 11, 2019
- Remembrance Day luncheon remembers service and sacrifice of Veterans in Ghana November 11, 2019
- 2019 Africa Visa Openness Index: African Union Commission, African Development Bank report shows wins in visa restrictions across Africa November 11, 2019
- Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour November 11, 2019
- GE Healthcare Launches Versana Premier and Versana Essential Ultrasound Machines to Drive Access to Affordable and Quality Healthcare in Uganda November 11, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today