FIRSTBANK CONVENES DIGITAL LAB OPEN HOUSE, REINFORCES DIGITAL REINVENTION IN BANKING
In an effort to stimulate innovation through synergy, First Bank of Nigeria Limited hosted the Digital Lab Open House on Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at its Digital Lab in Yaba Lagos. The Digital Lab Open House is amongst the many events lined up for the group Innovation Week held 29 July – 2 August 2019.
The event themed; “cultivating an innovative mindset” is an initiative designed to provide opportunities for staff across its parent company/group, FBN Holdings Plc, to learn from one another whilst showcasing innovative tools and ideas that are supportive to the continued contribution of the FBNHoldings group to the growth and development of its host communities across over half a dozen of its business operations notably in Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Gambia, DRC, United Kingdom and China. The week-long event was designed to provide a forum for discussions focused on and for staff to be aware of internal structures and tools available to support an innovative culture.
The activities lined up for the week included; demo fair, workshops, panel sessions as well as the launch of an innovation platform. Gbenga Agboola, Co-Founder and CEO Flutterwave, Odunayo Eweniyi, Co-Founder and CEO Piggybank and Funlola Jide-Aribaloye, CEO Reliance HMO were amongst the thought leaders in the digital eco-system that were in attendance.
According to the Bank’s Chief Executive Officer, Adesola Adeduntan, ”FirstBank has at different times since it was founded, 125 years ago, pioneered the introduction of new technologies and innovation, notably ATM and Western Union in the Nigerian Banking industry which are driven to promote ease of Banking and encourage banking across borders regardless of where one may be at any point in time. The Group Innovation week is a framework to identify with opportunities for all entities in the group to leverage on as we remain committed to reinforce our leading position across markets in sub-Saharan Africa.”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (578,734) deaths (12,996), and recoveries (287,563) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (11th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Uganda is 1025 July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kenya is 9726 July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (11th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Use of KMTC Kwale for COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Facility July 12, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education4 weeks ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries