By Omoregie Elvis
Members of the All Progressive Congress, APC, in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo State have debunked the suspension of Barr Washington Osa Osifo lawmaker-elect to represent Uhunmwode constituency at the Edo state house of assembly.
Speaking on the alleged suspension a Chieftain of the party in Edo state and a former Minority Whip, house of representative Barr. Samson Osaigie, said the purported suspension was orchestrated by some individuals who he said, lack proper procedure of suspending party member.
According to him, “some few members including the council chairman purportedly suspended the Hon member elect attaching the signature of some people who attended one meeting, so for us, we want to reject it and he can not be suspended. Whatever method they applied is against the constitution of the party”.
“He is not suspended and we are rejecting any attempt for anyone to do that, he concluded”
Arising from the emergency meeting attended by over fifty persons including some leaders of the party in Eyaen community on Sunday called on the party State Executive and National Working Committee to call the people behind to order after describing their activities as inimical to the unity of the APC in Uhunmwode.
In a statement signed by Bright Egharevba Bright, a party member in the state called on security agencies to arrest those those who masterminded illegal suspension of the member elect which he said is null and void.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in the council had last week suspended the honorable member-elect, Barr. Washington Osifo for breach of article 21 (A) of the party’s constitution.
Veteran Actress, Salome Eketunde In Tears
Festus Keyamo Empowers 1,700 Deltan Youths, Women In Uvwie Kingdom
Association of local government Vice Chairmen in Nigeria honours Sanwoolu, Simon Bakau, Kemi Nelson, Jimi Benson, Aregbesola, Yari Abubakar, Bako Lalung, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, others
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Cover Of The Week
- Highest ranking U.S. official on energy visits Southern Africa November 14, 2019
- On South Sudan’s failure to form a Unity Government by November 12 November 14, 2019
- Total builds on Brulpadda success to herald new era for South Africa November 14, 2019
- Diabetes is a Family Affair in Kenya November 13, 2019
- Commitment to a “Zero-Child Army” Trumps Differences During Juba Conference November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Mozambique November 13, 2019
- In Tombura, UNMISS Works With Faith Groups to Foster Peaceful Coexistence November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Lesotho November 13, 2019
- Southern Africa’s Top Entrepreneurs Announced in Johannesburg, South Africa November 13, 2019
- African Energy Chamber Takes Part in High-Level Debate on the Future of the Global Oil & Gas Industry at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 13, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today