By Omoregie Elvis
Members of the All Progressive Congress, APC, in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo State have debunked the suspension of Barr Washington Osa Osifo lawmaker-elect to represent Uhunmwode constituency at the Edo state house of assembly.
Speaking on the alleged suspension a Chieftain of the party in Edo state and a former Minority Whip, house of representative Barr. Samson Osaigie, said the purported suspension was orchestrated by some individuals who he said, lack proper procedure of suspending party member.
According to him, “some few members including the council chairman purportedly suspended the Hon member elect attaching the signature of some people who attended one meeting, so for us, we want to reject it and he can not be suspended. Whatever method they applied is against the constitution of the party”.
“He is not suspended and we are rejecting any attempt for anyone to do that, he concluded”
Arising from the emergency meeting attended by over fifty persons including some leaders of the party in Eyaen community on Sunday called on the party State Executive and National Working Committee to call the people behind to order after describing their activities as inimical to the unity of the APC in Uhunmwode.
In a statement signed by Bright Egharevba Bright, a party member in the state called on security agencies to arrest those those who masterminded illegal suspension of the member elect which he said is null and void.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in the council had last week suspended the honorable member-elect, Barr. Washington Osifo for breach of article 21 (A) of the party’s constitution.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS