The Wife of Ogun State Governor Mrs Bamidele Abiodun has been commended for her pledged commitment to promote Sustainable Development Goals.
The Senior Technical Adviser, office of Senior Special Assistant to the President on SDG, Dr Yahayah Umar gave the commendation at a Public Discourse on Strategy for Constructive engagement of Political Leadership towards access to Justice and promotion of Peaceful and inclusive Society in Nigeria with focus on SDG held in Lagos.
According to Dr Umar ” Ogun State is lucky to have a first lady who has pledged commitment to SDG implementation”
He said Mrs Abiodun will be joining other first ladies across the world to participate in the High level Political Forum on SDG scheduled for the United Nations Headquarters, in New York this month.
Speaking on the topic ” Review of SDG implementation process in Nigeria”, Dr Umar said the federal Government has established the office of Senior Special Assistant to the President as well as instituted of a Private Sector Advisory Council on SDG with the Vice President as Chairman for effective coordination and resource mobilization for SDG implementation.
He noted that all the 36 states of the federation has an SDG coordination office with needed infrastructure for SDG delivery.
The event which has in attendance multi stakeholders partners from across the 6 Zones of the federation including CSO, Media practitioners, Academic, Religious leader is organised by the Civil Society Coalition on Sustainable Development in Nigeria.
Veteran Actress, Salome Eketunde In Tears
Festus Keyamo Empowers 1,700 Deltan Youths, Women In Uvwie Kingdom
Association of local government Vice Chairmen in Nigeria honours Sanwoolu, Simon Bakau, Kemi Nelson, Jimi Benson, Aregbesola, Yari Abubakar, Bako Lalung, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, others
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Cover Of The Week
- Highest ranking U.S. official on energy visits Southern Africa November 14, 2019
- On South Sudan’s failure to form a Unity Government by November 12 November 14, 2019
- Total builds on Brulpadda success to herald new era for South Africa November 14, 2019
- Diabetes is a Family Affair in Kenya November 13, 2019
- Commitment to a “Zero-Child Army” Trumps Differences During Juba Conference November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Mozambique November 13, 2019
- In Tombura, UNMISS Works With Faith Groups to Foster Peaceful Coexistence November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Lesotho November 13, 2019
- Southern Africa’s Top Entrepreneurs Announced in Johannesburg, South Africa November 13, 2019
- African Energy Chamber Takes Part in High-Level Debate on the Future of the Global Oil & Gas Industry at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 13, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today