The Wife of Ogun State Governor Mrs Bamidele Abiodun has been commended for her pledged commitment to promote Sustainable Development Goals.
The Senior Technical Adviser, office of Senior Special Assistant to the President on SDG, Dr Yahayah Umar gave the commendation at a Public Discourse on Strategy for Constructive engagement of Political Leadership towards access to Justice and promotion of Peaceful and inclusive Society in Nigeria with focus on SDG held in Lagos.
According to Dr Umar ” Ogun State is lucky to have a first lady who has pledged commitment to SDG implementation”
He said Mrs Abiodun will be joining other first ladies across the world to participate in the High level Political Forum on SDG scheduled for the United Nations Headquarters, in New York this month.
Speaking on the topic ” Review of SDG implementation process in Nigeria”, Dr Umar said the federal Government has established the office of Senior Special Assistant to the President as well as instituted of a Private Sector Advisory Council on SDG with the Vice President as Chairman for effective coordination and resource mobilization for SDG implementation.
He noted that all the 36 states of the federation has an SDG coordination office with needed infrastructure for SDG delivery.
The event which has in attendance multi stakeholders partners from across the 6 Zones of the federation including CSO, Media practitioners, Academic, Religious leader is organised by the Civil Society Coalition on Sustainable Development in Nigeria.
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others