The Senegalese fans have been hailed after cleaning up the stadium 40 minutes after their game against Poland. The fans showed their civil side by cleaning up the stadium joyfully as they celebrated Senegal’s 2-1 win over Poland in their opening game of Russia 2018 World cup. Senegal recorded Africa’s first win at the ongoing tournament.
Coached by Alou Cisse, the captain of the Senegalese side which shocked France 1-0 on their road to the quarter finals of the Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup, the Teranga Lions of Senegal scored in both half to record an impressive win.
Led by Liverpool’s Saido Mane, the West African country which is the highest ranked African nation in the FIFA rankings opened their World Cup account through an own goal by Brazil-born defender, Thiago Cionek on 37 minutes.
Senegal, in only their second World Cup appearance since their 2002 impressive debut, however, held on to record an impressive win over the shell-shocked Europeans, and will look to take control of Group H when they meet Japan, who earlier recorded a surprise 2-1 win Colombia, on 24 June.
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .