UAC’S IMPERIAL LOGISTICS INCREASES EQUITY IN MDS LOGISTICS IN A 2.4 MILLION DOLLARS DEAL
UAC of Nigeria Plc (“UAC or the Company”) wishes to inform The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange), its shareholders and stakeholders that the Company has entered into an agreement with Imperial Logistics Limited (“Imperial Logistics”), under which Imperial Logistics proposes to increase its shareholding in MDS Logistics Limited (“MDS” or the “Company”) from 49% to 57%, by acquiring an additional 8% shareholding from UAC (the “Transaction”). The Transaction is subject to relevant regulatory approvals.
Under the terms of the Transaction, Imperial Logistics will transfer selected profitable contracts to MDS and pay USD2.4 million in cash. The Transaction is based on a USD40 million equity value for MDS.
MDS is Nigeria’s leading integrated logistics services provider. Through its network of warehousing and distributions assets, MDS links manufacturers with customers in more than 400 cities and villages across Nigeria. MDS is a critical supply chain and distribution partner to some of Nigeria’s leading corporates.
Imperial Logistics is mainly an African and Eurozone logistics provider of outsourced, integrated freight management, contract logistics and distributorship – customised to ensure the relevance and competitiveness of its clients. The group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa and employs over 25,000 people in 32 countries.
UAC is a holding company that owns businesses with some of Nigeria’s strongest brands and widest distribution. UAC’s businesses are engaged in the following sectors – packaged food and beverages, paints, logistics, animal feeds and edible oils, quick service restaurants and real estate.
Johan Truter, Chief Executive of African Regions for Imperial Logistics explains, “Core to Imperial Logistics’ strategy is working with strong partners as we seek to expand our businesses across Africa. We consider Nigeria to be a strategically important market and are excited to continue our partnership with UAC to grow MDS and expand its service offering to clients.”
Fola Aiyesimoju, UAC’s Group Managing Director said, “The Transaction is an important milestone for UAC and consistent with our strategy of working closely with partners in empowering best-in-class management teams. Since the commencement of the partnership in 2013, we have been impressed by Imperial Logistics’ operational excellence in warehousing, distribution and transport. We look forward to greater integration between MDS and the broader Imperial Logistics platform as we strive to deliver value to clients.”
Taiwo Ajibola, MDS’ Managing Director said “We at MDS remain focused on leveraging our assets, technology and capabilities to deliver value to our clients. We will continue to benefit from the strengths of our shareholders, Imperial Logistics and UAC.”
Cover Of The Week
- [Media Alert] Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation Host 11th Global MediXchange for Combating COVID-19 (GMCC) Webinar in Africa in Collaboration with the United Nations May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Libya: COVID-19 Situation Report (27th May 2020) May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 hygiene measures must be enforced in schools set to reopen in West and Central Africa, says Save the Children May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Southern and Eastern Africa COVID-19 Digest (27 May 2020) May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Global Education Coalition facilitates free internet access for distance education in several countries May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Notification Note on COVID-19 Situational Update - 27 May 2020 May 27, 2020
- The African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) and Ecobank Group announce the key focus areas of their joint initiative to support Africa’s Micro Small and Medium Enterprises May 27, 2020
- Egypt: African Development Bank approves emergency relief aid to tackle food insecurity for vulnerable workers whose livelihoods are impacted by COVID-19 May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases As of 27 May 2020, 9am EAT May 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: 123 people have tested positive of COVID-19 May 27, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news2 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award