UAC’S IMPERIAL LOGISTICS INCREASES EQUITY IN MDS LOGISTICS IN A 2.4 MILLION DOLLARS DEAL
UAC of Nigeria Plc (“UAC or the Company”) wishes to inform The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange), its shareholders and stakeholders that the Company has entered into an agreement with Imperial Logistics Limited (“Imperial Logistics”), under which Imperial Logistics proposes to increase its shareholding in MDS Logistics Limited (“MDS” or the “Company”) from 49% to 57%, by acquiring an additional 8% shareholding from UAC (the “Transaction”). The Transaction is subject to relevant regulatory approvals.
Under the terms of the Transaction, Imperial Logistics will transfer selected profitable contracts to MDS and pay USD2.4 million in cash. The Transaction is based on a USD40 million equity value for MDS.
MDS is Nigeria’s leading integrated logistics services provider. Through its network of warehousing and distributions assets, MDS links manufacturers with customers in more than 400 cities and villages across Nigeria. MDS is a critical supply chain and distribution partner to some of Nigeria’s leading corporates.
Imperial Logistics is mainly an African and Eurozone logistics provider of outsourced, integrated freight management, contract logistics and distributorship – customised to ensure the relevance and competitiveness of its clients. The group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa and employs over 25,000 people in 32 countries.
UAC is a holding company that owns businesses with some of Nigeria’s strongest brands and widest distribution. UAC’s businesses are engaged in the following sectors – packaged food and beverages, paints, logistics, animal feeds and edible oils, quick service restaurants and real estate.
Johan Truter, Chief Executive of African Regions for Imperial Logistics explains, “Core to Imperial Logistics’ strategy is working with strong partners as we seek to expand our businesses across Africa. We consider Nigeria to be a strategically important market and are excited to continue our partnership with UAC to grow MDS and expand its service offering to clients.”
Fola Aiyesimoju, UAC’s Group Managing Director said, “The Transaction is an important milestone for UAC and consistent with our strategy of working closely with partners in empowering best-in-class management teams. Since the commencement of the partnership in 2013, we have been impressed by Imperial Logistics’ operational excellence in warehousing, distribution and transport. We look forward to greater integration between MDS and the broader Imperial Logistics platform as we strive to deliver value to clients.”
Taiwo Ajibola, MDS’ Managing Director said “We at MDS remain focused on leveraging our assets, technology and capabilities to deliver value to our clients. We will continue to benefit from the strengths of our shareholders, Imperial Logistics and UAC.”
PMB DIDN’T REJECT ABIODUN-SANWO-OLU ROAD REPAIR PROPOSAL
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Cover Of The Week
- Award-Winning Actress Julia Ormond, Egyptian Actor Asser Yassin join Global Migration Film Festival 2019 Jury October 18, 2019
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin