The Federal Government has increased the winning bonus of super eagles by $5,000 as a means of motivating them to win their remaining two group matches at the ongoing FIFA World Cup in Russia.
With this increase, each player will now get $15,000 winning bonus per game against initial $10,000 per game agreed with the players before the tournament kicked off in Russia on Thursday.
The increase in Bonus comes after their loss to Croatia in the first leg of their matches last Saturday.
The Super Eagles will play their next two group games against Iceland and Argentina. Nigeria will play Iceland who drew 1-1 with Argentina on Saturday June 22 before playing Argentina in their last group game on June 26.
Making the increase in the winning bonus known, the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung said
“It is unfortunate that we did not win, which would have served as a morale booster at the group stage, but we will not lose hope. The Federal Government is doing its best to ensure that the Super Eagles excel in Russia. Even President Muhammadu Buhari took time out to motivate the players yesterday and to assure them of his unflinching support for the team. I personally added $5,000 to their winning bonus to motivate the team, but we must still keep our hopes alive because this is just the beginning. I urge the players to remain focused while the technical department will have to put heads together with the coach to salvage our next two matches against Iceland and Argentina. If we win our next matches against Iceland and Argentina, then we can qualify from the group.”
He called on Nigerians to continue to support the team
”The Super Eagles are a work in progress. It’s a very young team and we are nurturing them for greater exploits, not only for now but also for the future. We are not giving any excuses but we must continue to rally round our team, irrespective of the result recorded on Saturday. I appeal to Nigerians to rally behind the team and pray for them ahead of their next game against Iceland. I strongly believe that despite the disappointing start, the Super Eagles will come out strong from the group,” he said
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .